I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trip to Quiapo

What better way to spend Valentines than having a field day in Quiapo, Binondo and finally, good old Divisoria. Last Feb. 14, while probably half the world is busy 'glamming up' for Happy Hearts Day, me, my sister and her hubby were going through the streets of Quiapo, getting our feet dirty (it was rainingfor a while) while hoarding good 'ol reliable and shockingly cheap dvds.

It's amazing how something 'illegal' can seem so appropriate. Nyarks... did I just say that? I was able to buy six new movies (Milk, Revolutionary Road, Slumdog Millionaire - this one's surprisingly awesome, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, Changeling & The Secret Life of Bees) for only Php200. Nope, haven't watched them all yet! I also bought the complete season of Smallville, thus, my current Clark Kent re-addiction (was before but I got tired of watching Lana Lang collecting boyfriends) and some (as usual) Korean novelas.

Note how my sister's hubby looks like he could disappear right there and then 'coz of too much embarrassment. =)

From Quiapo, we walked along the cramped streets and narrow alleyways until we reached Carriedo, Sta.Cruz and passed through a lot of Jewellery shops in Ongpin. This photo I 'borrowed' from Nostalgia Manila and the photo I've taken using my ever-reliable KRZR cam phone shows that nothing's changed at the Plaza Goiti (Carriedo), except the fountain in the middle and probably, the stench.

Fun day all in all and I wouldn't trade it for a cozy 'date' at a coffeeshop... =)

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love Quiapo. As crowded and messy at it may be (though surprisingly, not so much of the latter), it's still a very interesting place to go to and get lost.

Haha, may picture din ako ng Plaza Goiti, habang nakatayo sa Carriedo station. I love the old feel of Quiapo. Sana ma-maintain nila yun.

Lady Holden said...

yea, it's one of the oldest landmarks (if you could call it that) of old manila...
will always love quiapo, chaos and all... =)