I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

First month gone

Exactly 15 days...

I promised myself I'd always keep my blogs (yep, all of 'em) updated but I could not keep my word. I was too preoccupied characterizing the term 'busy'. When I think about it, I have been so far at my busiest. Some might criticize me for this... Aba e, kelan ba ko hindi naging busy?

Our new magazine project is to blame. Don't get this all wrong; I am definitely not complaining. Believe it or not, I am falling in-love with my job all over again... or at least I am trying to. It's a good thing, right? With the unemployment rate climbing up and the left and right retrenchment even amongst the biggest of companies, I guess I am pretty lucky to have this job. It's not something to brag about. I wouldn't really dare, especially considering the kind of working environment I have and that sunnov-a-gun *bleep* for a *bleep*. You have no idea.

It's February 01. Time is wheezing past me but, surprisingly, I am still able to manage. *Big Smile* I've been missing a lot of people but I'm not sure if they miss me as much (haha) As much as I abhor 'change' because I am the type of person who tends to be very attached to the current situation and I kind of lose myself when the paradigm tilts, I am learning to live with it. Wow, nagma-mature na yata ako.

The other day, I went on a 'Field Trip'. I would call it that because it felt like it. My friend K who's based in Singapore sent me 'Shokubutsu' (a body wash which I am fond of calling Zashikibutsu) after I begged her for it since I couldn't really find any here in RP. I had to go to 'Jollibee Kalentong' to meet her friend's maid who kept texting me for three consecutive days, asking me to get my 'lotion'. To make the very long and tiring story short, I fought my way to to the meeting place through the ever-chaotic MRT (a complete nightmare, I nearly fell down the train tracks because people were pushing) and rode a jeep which I had no clue whatsoever where it was really going. Plus, may bonus pa - (forgive me for this) the driver smells. Promise, naiintindihan ko naman na maghapon nang namamasada si Manong at pagod na siya, pero naman... no exag pero siguro because I was so tired, I think I puked a little in my mouth and I swallowed it. Sorry, kadiri.

Ironically, I had fun with my little adventure. It was like one of my trips where I had to ask for directions, or sometimes, be stubborn and just follow my gut feel only to feel stupid because I could've asked anyway. I passed by my high school but I didn't see it much because it was dark already. I passed by Sta. Ana bridge and St. Francis - the very familiar places which reminded me only of my highschool friends. Nice - the feeling =)

Then today, I am glued to my laptop, deciphering InDesign and Photoshop. I am practicing with graphics design and layout because I'll be needing them a lot in the next few days. And, just because I want to learn. Here's a sample:

Cropped it from one of our group photos and used a background which I 'stole' from a Korean catalogue... I think I blurred the edges too much. I used some rendering like lens flare and lighting effects... naks!

No comments: