I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fanmode: NEARLY FAMOUS

Me and my sister came across this new tv series on cable tv (Velvet) and I must say, the first episode really did get our attention. We especially love the unique cinematography and the interesting characters that make up the story. Not to mention that this is the first Brit tv series that interested me.

The premise is basically about the struggles of four British teenagers who are attending a performing arts school (that's what actualy interested me!). The story line is quite typical if you would think about it - a group of teeners who are trying very hard to make something of themselves, each one facing issues of his own.
Owen is the musician with the bad reputation, Lila is the writer who has problems with her mother, Kate is the actress trying to get somewhere without the help of her famous father, and Joe is the geeky boy who has a passion for working with lights. (TV.com)
Reviews I've read said the show was only short-lived and lasted with only six episodes and there is still an ongoing petition of Nearly Famous fans for the continuation of the tv series. In any case, I will still be watching it...=)

No comments: