I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hurt

What would you do if you were suddenly bombarded by hurtful words and hateful rantings that you didn't know were already being harbored by a loved one? Me? I am devastated.
I am really hurt that thinking about it makes me wanna cry.

I had a big fight with my 'kuya' a few days ago and his words of revulsion keep ringing in my ears until I can hear no more. AND I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS OKAY. And to think that argument started with something really petty -- my period. Don't ask.

He said that I am a manipulative b**ch and that I didn't deserve an ounce of respect. Wow... some very comforting words I got there; hit me hard... smacked me right in the middle of my face.

Yes, maybe I was that dominant mega-mean person that I used to be at home but I AM really working on it now. I am changing myself to a better person. I am a work in progress... slowly, I will get there. I am trying my very best to assuage my temper and purge every ill and vile attitude that I had before. I swear if you have your whole heart in it, it will happen.

Then it happened. Maybe I deserve that; maybe he needs to let it out of his system. He deserves that. And right now, the last thing I want is to stay perpetually mad at him. As if it can make everything okay. I know it wouldn't but I am just a person and I am really really really hurt. If only I can hug him right now and tell him I am not what he thinks, I'd do that.

But right now, I am just an older sister -- wounded and crying inside because I don't deserve his respect.

No comments: