I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gotta earn the dough

I’ve been working for almost five years now but the funny thing is that I haven’t actually saved anything to secure my future yet. I haven’t really invested on something big which I could proudly say, is the fruit of my hard work. Looking back, it makes me feel a little sad to realize that I actually haven’t made something out of myself yet. Or, probably I’m just thinking too much about having a [tangible] savings, the proof that hey, I live my own life now. Sure, I’ve lived independently for a couple of months, using my own resources, standing on my own feet but I went back – I went home.

Now, all I could think about is how to fill in my pocket, to have that savings… to buy myself everything that I want or get a life insurance plan at least. But at the rate my pay is going, I will not go anywhere… yet. It’s just enough to pay my bills and give me what I need. Nothing extra. So dream all I want right now and in the future, I’m gonna get them. Just not now.

I have been browsing the net for some freelance writing job postings and every part time job I could get… haaayyyy….

No comments: