I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

A poem for a hopeless joint

Your eyes are like chestnuts falling from a tree
They were never fierce nor were too gentle
I gaze at them & they portray our silhouettes
Just mere shadows distant from reality.
I am certain that I know you; but do you know me?
We are strangers, locking arms, chaining hearts
Up to how long 'til our crossroads meet?
There are walls, barriers -- I can no longer reach you.
My eyes are like stars falling from the night sky
In them were sadness, denial, brigtness that fades
You look at them with longing for you and me
Just mere shadows; we're never too far from reality.
One lazy Sunday afternoon
***
I don't actually know why I posted that picture... I guess it's just so lovely.

No comments: