I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Cynicism bit my head off

i wonder if it's this book -- Beijing Doll by Chun Sue -- that i am currently reading that's giving me this cynical mood today. I mean, with all the things that have been happening lately, especially the never-ending political woes and the society's irrepresible trip to disparagement, it is becoming pretty hard to face the world with a bright outlook and an encouraging smile.

I was watching the news late last night and everything it offered was still about the coup attempts, the finger-pointing in the government, Malacanang washing its hands with the recent arrests of some popular figures that were very transparent about their dislike of how things are being run by the government -- the subersives and the 'filibustres'. I AM one of them.

Cynicism, I guess, is spreading like wild fire in a forgotten forest. We are the dried twigs that one spark of malady could ignite a thousand folds. How sad it is that barely a month has passed since this nation felt whole, felt proud with the 'Manny Pacquiao and Bryan Villoria victory'. It's as if everything just evaporated into thin air. Now, all you hear are bouts of anger and disappointment, cruel wishes to let the battle begin and let the coup happen. Even thoughts of Malacanang burning with all the "trapos" helplessly trapped inside. Then, Ayala is so full, confettis are scattered in the streets while thousands of people convened to stage another rally. Yes, I must admit I can see those thoughts vividly. I AM guilty of entertaining them. Then maybe, work would be called-off again; I can go home and sleep.

Oh, Work. I am having a hard time remembering what it means. It's only a four-letter word, yet it's that powerful that it can make a person cry, not sleep and kill himself eventually. I never imagined that would be such a pain in the a$$ until I stopped doing what I love to do -- write.

Good heavens, please let there be another rally...

1 comment:

kai said...

schmack! i missed this politics conversation...why was i sick yday? O_o