I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thursday July 14, 2005 8:30 am

Thursday July 14, 2005 8:30 am

It’s such a gloomy day. As I look outside my office window, I knew this would be somewhat different from the rest. First, my mom and I had relived the world war scenario at home once again before I left home. Well, she was actually waging it on my sister and me but lucky for ate, she knows best what to do whenever this ugly situation comes. And I am left paralyzed and angered and hurt so my tendency is to answer back to my mom, which I know is very very wrong. I can’t help it. It’s like my mom and I have this love-hate-love relationship that if we are okay, then we’re more than okay. And if we are fighting, you’ll never want to hear us. It’s like I’m being possessed by some evil spirit that when I snap out of the situation, I usually regret everything that I’ve said. As for my mom, she doesn’t think before saying anything and that’s what really ignites my anger. My only point is that moms aren’t always right. My mom, she doesn’t listen. For her, she is always right because she “just” made me what I am right now. She has a point on that one but every mom also ought to listen.