I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Love-talk (Bored to my wits, I am)

One of my friends says she is somehow convinced that people we fell-in love with for the first time in our lives remains locked, kept in that little box inside our hearts. But it doesn't mean that we are hung up on them, she adds. Our first love stays there even without us exactly knowing.

It made me think if that is true. Is it, really?

I don't know if that conversation was the after-effect of a two-hour major pampering that we've just had (full-body Shiatsu massage, Aromatheraphy facial, and Peppermint footscrub) after a crazy, manic Monday at work. My mind was practically emancipated of stress and pressure and it was pure bliss. And the next thing we know, we are already talking about flowers, rainbows, and love lives. Haha.

Probably what she's claiming is true. I still feel that pinch whenever my first love crosses my mind. Not a pinch of sorrow or sadness or regret but more like a pinch that seems to be a reminder of how happy those times were that if I'd be given the chance to go back, I would. Because I honestly think that at that exact moment, what I was feeling was true (regardless if the other person didn't feel the same way I did).

And I am somehow convinced that the one true love of your life (past or present) is the person whose face pops instantly in your mind when you close your eyes at night. (except your boss' when you're in a very tight deadline!)
***

No comments: