I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hats off to David Cook

I am not gonna be able to watch David Cook's (and Archuleta's) concert on the 16th at the MOA and I was raving non-stop about it this afternoon. Had I known the date, I would've booked that Bantayan trip at a later date. And I am genuinely sad that I wouldn't have the chance to see David Cook in person.

Now, I feel worse.

I just chanced upon a video of him speaking for the 'Race for Hope' event, which benefits the National Brain Tumor Society and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure. There, he announced that he just lost his oldest brother (Adam) to a brain tumor a day before that race. It was really heart-wrenching watching him speak, trying to mask his grief with a brave face. It's just awesome how he dealt with that overwhelming emotion and clearly put aside his being a celebrity and showed dedication for the cause.

I am loving this guy more and more.

No comments: