I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A nasty nasty 'prayer'

I was still feeling bad about work and as I was typing this, I thought of that one 'quote' I read from a bookmark in Bibliarch which I vowed would be my mantra now and forever. It goes something like:

MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST THE CROTCH OF THE PERSON WHO SCREWS UP MY/YOUR DAY AND MAY THEIR ARMS BE TOO SHORT TO SCRATCH THEM. AMEN.

Haha. Sounds like a prayer to me. I can't help but smile when I think about it. So, whenever I feel bad about someone or I am just plain irritated, I muter this silent 'prayer' and I can't stop laughing afterwards. Bad, I know. But hey, just a little something to lift these dark clouds and silence the roaring thunder inside my head.

***
The "long" weekend did nothing great for me. My Lord Voldemort-personified of a... ermmm.. how do you call it... errr... boss (?) haunted me on my supposedly worry-free rest day/s. I received an email which was a cross between a 'nag' and a 'i'm-concern-so-go-move-your-ass-for-your-sake' litany from the dark lord and I must say, it didn't do me any good. Dang, I was petrified! Does he really expect me to do some magic? =/

I'm happy though that in-between my sanity lapses, I'm still able to think and act like a person. (I think... I am still here, writing a supposedly candid and innocuous blog). I still laugh when I need to and I can just shrug and flare my nostrils when the situation turns ugly.What makes me sad though is that, when you feel like really talking, you turn around and you can't find no one. So, there, keep your thoughts to yourself and experience the wrath of your delusions.

Again... mantra... mantra...

No comments: