I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Retarded Luck!

Today is awesome! Really really awesome! And I thought last night's concert of Hillsong United would be the biggest highlight of my life (atleast this week!) Actually, it is... since I've booked our tickets a month ago and I was waiting for this concert like CRAZY! And finally, last night it happened... it was a very uplifting concert indeed...very nice.

But what could be better than this?!?


U-huh.. that's me with Hillsong United's Jad Gillies! It was really a simple case of retarded luck and me, being at the right place at the right time. Actually, there's a funny story behind this.

Me and my colleague went to Edsa Shang this afternoon to attend an exhibitor's meeting. On our way to the hotel, we saw this group loading some equipment in a coaster bus (at the side entrance) and I thought I saw Joel Houston (the band's frontman) but shrugged the idea since it seemed a little off (but hey, the concert was in Araneta so it's likely that they would stay in Shang or Crowne Plaza or some hotel nearby). So we went inside the hotel and there, at the lobby was a small crowd having photo ops with i-don't-know-who and when we got closer, I saw this guy... I knew I recognize his face and the guy with the curly hair (the drummer)... we were seated at the Upper Box last night so it was kind'a difficult to recognize their faces. Without even thinking, I marched off to this guy (who was Jad apparently) and asked if I could have a photo with him. I said thanks, shook his hand and said goodbye.

And all throughout the meeting, my mind was wandering off, thinking hard if it was really Hillsong that I just saw and met at Shang's lobby. Jazz, my officemate, said it's okay if it wasn't Hillsong, at least we know the guy is famous for sure (as there were a lot wanting to have their photos taken with him). Hehe.. Good Riddance.

The moment we got back from the meeting, I immediately checked the internet to familiarize myself with the Hillsong band members' faces and lo and behold, it was really him! (ahh, my heart is still pounding!) This was just great. Thank you God!

Insane right? v(^___^)v

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see that you got to meet someone in the band, but did you have to use the word retarded?
What is retarded luck anyway? Did you think how your comment affects people living with special needs who didn't ask to be born that way?
I know you probably didn't mean to demean and hurt anyone, but your use of the word really stings.
I'm guessing you wouldn't want to be called by a racial slur. Well, either do people who are retarded.
I always think that people who use the word just don't know any better, but know you do.

Lady Holden said...

ms. hannahj,
i really appreciate the comment... my apologies but my use of that word isn't really meant to 'demean' anyone (as u put it)... it's plainly a hyperbole - just wanted to make a point of how extremely lucky i felt at that time - it wasn't simply dumb luck... it was THAT kind of luck.
I hope you understand.