I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Friday, August 03, 2007

A weird coincidence

This is just a weird thought that I just couldn't shun off my mind.

I started reading (for the 3rd time) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night to refresh my memory about some things mentioned in the Deathly Hollows. The first chapter was about the conversation of the Minister of Magic and the Prime Minister of Britain about some nasty disasters and crimes that have been happening to the muggle world, which in truth was the work of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (according to Fudge). But anyway, it mentioned a bridge collapsing, a series of murders and an explosion.

This morning, as I was watching the Today Show, I was so shocked to see the news about the Minneapolis Bridge Collapse which happened Wednesday evening. It's just so chilling how it was described in the book, something like "50 or so vehicles came falling down the river" then in the news, "Dozens of cars plummeted more than 60 feet into the Mississippi River, some falling on top of one of another."

It just probably shocked me that a fictional accident that I have just read actually happened in real life, killing four and leaving some 20 people still missing. It is just so horrible how mere words inscribed in a fantasy literature were now posted in eNews and printed in dailies. I am not saying that the book was some sort of a prediction or something because it is crazy. It was a mere coincidence and no more than that. The reality of it just hits me hard.

Anyway...

I was so upset yesterday; I cried for the first time in months. It just felt like all my hardwork has been thrown in the trash bin yet again. I felt so sick and not myself. It was like being in the midst of a dark room. I was so so sad.

Never mind the details. I recover fast anyway. (^_^) Aza... aza... FIGHTING (pa din)!!! And to the schmuck who makes my life miserable (without the littlest clue whatsoever) I don't hate you... I hate it that you can't appreciate me. I hate it that I love my job more than ever. Soon, you will really really hate me 'coz I wouldn't be that loser that you want me to be.

No comments: