I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Friday, November 25, 2005

who's happy, who's not...

there are about more than 60 billion [living and breathing] people in the philippines and i suppose atleast 75% of them are unhappy. okay, this is only an assumption [with no clear evidence whatsoever] but in my mind's eye is more than accurate with the 'hellish' experience i'm going through today...
i've already made about hundreds of calls this afternoon, trying to update our company's database for the magazine I am working for. this is the job that i hate more than having an old stingy cockroach suddenly fly out from somewhere. i love conversing with people and meeting with them but having to ask the same set of questions to different people on the other end of line (majority of which doesn't know what proper phone etiquette means) is pushing my sanity to the limit. I am really not good at this... And thinking that there are about 12,000 plus companies in my list just makes me wanna hang myself. i know this job isn't pathetic at all, but it's just not my line.
okay, going back to who's happy and who's not, it's funny how in just by hearing someone's voice, you could actually look at that person's eye and tell how well he / she is doing. I've been bombarded with impolite inquiries about what my calls are for. i don't really get what part of "We just need to update our database" those people could not understand... It's just half the day and people are already too tired sparing atleast half a minute to answer my simple questions. Either they are unhappy about their lives that it even manifests in the way they work or they are just having a bad day... whatever... they're pissing me off.

No comments: