I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Stormy Sunday

It's been raining non-stop for the last two days and I've been totally immobile here at home. Rainy days make me lazy... it's the best time to just bum around - stay in bed, watch a cheezy korean flick or that drama I've been wanting to finish, and munch on whatever my tastebuds are craving. So far, I've consumed four cups of coffee, a cup of hot chocolate, one tub of popcorn, three packs of chips (from mama's store) and some candies. I am still hungry though.Despite all these junk food, I haven't had a decent meal today.

I missed Church today because I was afraid to go out. I also canceled my movie date with my friends; we were supposed to watch Narnia and drool over Prince Caspian but the weather wouldn't just allow it. But to be honest, I like it sometimes when the weather's like this and was (still a little bit) praying that it would still rain as hard tomorrow so I wouldn't have to go to work. bad... bad... bad...

Oh, well, I felt a little guilty as soon as I opened a few news sites and read some updates about the typhoon Fengshen or 'Frank'. About 86 were killed and 700 plus are still missing as it ravaged Visayas and South Luzon this weekend. A passenger ferry, 'Princess of the Stars' capsized off Sibuyan island in Romblon's central province Saturday night and many (about 700 plus) are still missing. What's disturbing is that I was able to ride this boat during my shipping beat days as a reporter. It was the biggest among the domestic passenger fleet at that time and I saw how nice the interior of that boat was. Oh well... I pray they would find more survivors.

No comments: