I AM A CHARACTER IN MY OWN FICTION.

The pretty-crazy life of a late 20ish career-driven, quirky, Asian drama addict who thinks she's Holden Caulfield in real life.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Trip to Cavite

My whole body aches (especially my buns... if you know what I mean), probably because of the whole ***damn nightmare ride to and from Trece Martirez, Cavite for a visit at my Aunt and Uncle's place.

See, these are the people whom we only see once in a blue moon -- during Christmas, birthdays and on very rare occasions -- since they left Makati to settle in once of those developed subdivisions springing like shitake mushrooms in the rural areas of Luzon. My uncle's not doing well; been in and out of the hospital so we've decided it's proper to show that we care.

So at around 8am, my mom, ate, 'kuya' and me were already aboard this dingy ordinary bus bound to Cavite. I was so sleepy, I didn't get to sleep until 2am (insomnia strikes again). The fact that I was pissed off that we didn't get to ride an air condition bus to save us from dusts and the pollution of Metro Manila was intensified by "Napakasakit Kuya Eddie" and "Tukso, Layuan Mo Ako" blaring on the boom box speakers on the background. We were tortured by these long playing music the whole hour and a half bus ride. It was hell. I wanted to kill Imelda Papin right there and then. And I promise to get an i-pod on my next payday!!! My sister, on the other hand, was talking nonstop about getting a car for the family to rid us of this hellish encounters every time we need to travel out of Metro Manila. Heat's probably gone up to our heads.

Well, we didn't stay long. We just ate, told some stories, played with my very cute and intelligent nephew, Sean and slept. I was so tired that I snoozed on my aunt's sofa sitting up. The moment I woke up, everybody's getting ready to leave already.

Short [and hellish] as it may seem but I should say the visit was worth it. It's hard to get along with some of our relatives but we intend to keep whatever bond is holding us [closer] with the others.

No comments: